Parents who are knowledgeable about campus resources and involved in their student's education are a key factor in helping students to succeed in college.
As a parent at NKU, it is important for you to get involved and stay informed in order to best support your student's education, as well as their transition to adulthood.
- Join the NKU Parents Association to receive The Norse Parent, the e-newsletter that includes timely and important information on campus resources, national trends on college campuses, and upcoming events/opportunities for both your family and your student.
- Utilize your resources. Be sure to check out all the publications that have been created just for you, the parents! From the Parent Calendar that lists monthly tips, important deadlines, and campus events to the New Student and Parent Handbook that provides quick reference information about numerous campus resources, these publications are an excellent tool to help you support your student.
- Do you have a more specific need? The Associate Director of New Student Orientation and Parent Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) will answer any question you might have and, if necessary, connect you with an NKU employee who is an expert on the topic. Or, you can connect with our Parent Advisory Board members through our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/nkuparents.
Get Involved with NKU:
Interested in getting more involved? We have great opportunitites for parents to engage with NKU and play a positive role in their students' education. If you are interested in any of the following, please send an email to email@example.com to receive more information.
- Serving as a member of the Parent Advisory Board.
- Volunteering to be a panelist on the Parent Panel at Northern Exposure: New Student Orientation
- Volunteering to help new students and their families on move-in day in the fall
Need more information on Financial Aid?
Check out a great new tool recently implemented by the Office of Student Financial Assistance - the Net Price Calculator! This tool can help you estimate educational costs and Expected Family Contributations for a given year. This is a great tool to use before filling out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which students and parents should complete as early as possible after January 1st. Visit the website for the Office of Student Financial Assistance at http://financialaid.nku.edu/.
New to NKU? Looking for more information?
Follow NKU Parents on Facebook for the most up-to-date information and to connect with fellow Norse families! Go to http://www.facebook.com/nkuparents and "Like" our page!